About this Form
White House Champions of Change program highlights the stories and examples of citizens across the country who are “Building an America to Last” with projects and initiatives that move their communities forward. All across the country, ordinary Americans are doing extraordinary things in their communities to out-innovate, out-educate, and out-build the rest of the world. Each week, The White House invites Champions of Change share their ideas and to empower and inspire other members of their communities.
On May 8, 2013, the U.S. Department of Transportation and the White House Office of Public Engagement will host a Champions of Change event on “Transportation Technology Solutions for the 21st Century.” This Champions of Change event will focus on individuals or organizations that have provided exemplary leadership in implementing transportation technology solutions to enhance performance, reduce congestion, improve safety, and facilitate communication across the transportation industry at the local, state or regional level.
A champion’s work may entail transportation technology solutions across all modes of transportation. Examples include:
- Applying innovative technologies to encourage public involvement in the transportation planning or project prioritization process
- Applying technologies that reduce congestion and increase efficiencies in transportation systems
- Demonstrating technology solutions for measuring performance for passenger and/or freight systems
- Developing and/or implementing transportation safety technologies or innovative transportation safety programs
- Developing technology applications that enhance public access to data
- Implementing technology solutions that improve intermodal connectivity for passenger and/or freight movement
- Integrating effective communication strategies on transportation into other outreach tools, such as social media
- Pioneering technology that improves mobility management strategies for moving people and/or goods
- Utilizing technology to speed project delivery timelines
- Utilizing unique mobile applications for enhancing access to transportation services
- Visualizing data to enhance understanding of critical transportation information
Please submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday, March 29, 2013. The nomination form is attached.
DOT is committed to ensuring that information is available in appropriate alternative formats to meet the requirements of persons who have a disability. If you require an alternative version of files provided on this page, please contact email@example.com.