- Transportation Policy
- Finance and Grants
- Public Engagement
- Who We Are
2013 White House Champions of Change
Transportation Technology Solutions for the 21st Century
White House Champions of Change program highlights the stories and examples of citizens across the country who are “Building an America to Last” with projects and initiatives that move their communities forward. All across the country, ordinary Americans are doing extraordinary things in their communities to out-innovate, out-educate, and out-build the rest of the world. Each week, The White House invites Champions of Change share their ideas and to empower and inspire other members of their communities.
On May 8, 2013, the U.S. Department of Transportation and the White House Office of Public Engagement will host a Champions of Change event on “Transportation Technology Solutions for the 21st Century.” This Champions of Change event will focus on individuals or organizations that have provided exemplary leadership in implementing transportation technology solutions to enhance performance, reduce congestion, improve safety, and facilitate communication across the transportation industry at the local, state or regional level.
A champion’s work may entail transportation technology solutions across all modes of transportation. Examples include:
- Applying innovative technologies to encourage public involvement in the transportation planning or project prioritization process
- Applying technologies that reduce congestion and increase efficiencies in transportation systems
- Demonstrating technology solutions for measuring performance for passenger and/or freight systems
- Developing and/or implementing transportation safety technologies or innovative transportation safety programs
- Developing technology applications that enhance public access to data
- Implementing technology solutions that improve intermodal connectivity for passenger and/or freight movement
- Integrating effective communication strategies on transportation into other outreach tools, such as social media
- Pioneering technology that improves mobility management strategies for moving people and/or goods
- Utilizing technology to speed project delivery timelines
- Utilizing unique mobile applications for enhancing access to transportation services
- Visualizing data to enhance understanding of critical transportation information
Please submit nominations to email@example.com by midnight on Friday, March 29, 2013. The nomination form is available in related documents or you can email the requested information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name of Individual/Organization to be nominated
- If nominee is an individual, title and affiliation
- If nomination is for an organization, Please provide the name and title of the person who will represent the organization at the White House if chosen as a Champion
- Nominee’s Email Address
- Nominee’s Phone Number
- Nominee’s City and State
- Nominee’s Cell Phone
- Please describe the transportation technology solution that that has been developed or implemented.
- What specific role has your nominee has played in the development/implementation of this transportation technology solution?
- What have been the benefits of this specific transportation technology solution? What has changed as a result of this work (Please provide specific examples)?
- Describe one reason that your nominee should be chosen above others as a White House Champion of Change.
- Your Name
- Your Organization/Affiliation
- Your Email Address
Please Note: If selected as a White House Champion of Change for Transportation Technology Solutions, individuals will be responsible for paying for their travel costs to attend an invitational event at the White House on May 8, 2013.