Operated by the Old Dominion University Research Foundation (ODURF), the South Atlantic Region Small Business Transportation Resource Center (SBTRC) serves the states of Virginia (headquarters), West Virginia, North Carolina and Kentucky. The South Atlantic Region SBTRC advocates on behalf of small businesses and provides technical assistance training programs to small and disadvantaged businesses in an effort to build their capacity, with the mission of making them more competitive when bidding for contracts containing federal transportation dollars.
With over 25 years of providing advocacy, outreach, and technical assistance to small businesses, ODURF is also home to U.S. Small Business Administration Business Centers in Virginia for both Women and Veterans. As the South Atlantic Region SBTRC, ODURF will be preparing small and disadvantaged businesses to compete for and participate in federally funded transportation projects throughout the region.
- Provide business capacity building skills and training to small business
- Provide counseling and information on procurement opportunities
- Provide access to capital - DOT Short-term Lending Program (STLP)
- Provide assistance with obtaining a surety bond (BEP)
- Provide resource assistance that to woman and girls (WITI) in the transportation industry
Norfolk, VA 23508