At the Department of Transportation, we have a long-standing commitment to using plain language, and we see plain writing as an integral part of achieving the goals of our Open Government Plan.
We are strengthening our oversight process and are committed to writing new documents in plain language beginning in October 2011. You can expect us to focus on documents that:
- Are necessary for obtaining any of our benefits or services,
- Provide information about any of our benefits or services,
- Explain how to comply with a requirement we administer or enforce.
How you can get involved
We need your help to comply with this Act! Email us at PlainLanguage@dot.gov to let us know if:
- You have trouble understanding our documents or the pages on our website or
- We haven't written a document in plain language
Follow our progress
Please read our Plain Writing Plan and share your comments with us.