- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Resources for Key Persons
- Regulations and Interpretations
- Part 40 Federal Register Notices, Court Decisions, Legislation
- Public Interest Exclusions
- Important Links
- Documents and Forms
- Videos, Posters, Brochures
- News and Events
- About Us
DOT Rule 49 CFR Part 40 Section 40.213 Q&A
Is error correction training required if an alcohol test is cancelled due to equipment failure?
• Normally, equipment failure will not require the BAT to have error correction training.
• However, if it is determined that the equipment failure was related to the BAT’s failure to properly maintain equipment (e.g., the EBT), error correction training would be in order.
• In addition, error correction would be required if the BAT does not attempt to accomplish the test following equipment failure using another device – provided that another device was reasonably available.