- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Resources for Key Persons
- Regulations and Interpretations
- Part 40 Federal Register Notices, Court Decisions, Legislation
- Public Interest Exclusions
- Important Links
- Documents and Forms
- Videos, Posters, Brochures
- News and Events
- About Us
DOT Rule 49 CFR Part 40 Section 40.411
Subpart R - Public Interest Exclusions
§ 40.411 What is the role of the DOT Inspector General's office?
(a) Any person may bring concerns about waste, fraud, or abuse on the part of a service agent to the attention of the DOT Office of Inspector General.
(b) In appropriate cases, the Office of Inspector General may pursue criminal or civil remedies against a service agent.
(c) The Office of Inspector General may provide factual information to other DOT officials for use in a PIE proceeding.