- Intelligence, Security and Emergency Response
- About Us
- Our Programs
- Civil Reserve Airfleet Allocations
- Useful Links
- US-China Transportation Forum
Civil Reserve Airfleet Allocations
The Civil Reserve Air Fleet is a cooperative, voluntary program involving the DOT, DOD and the U.S. civil air carrier industry in a partnership to augment DOD aircraft capability during a national defense related crisis, Air carriers volunteer their aircraft to the CRAF program through contractual agreements with the air mobility command (AMC), located at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. In return, the participating carriers are given preference in carrying commercial peacetime cargo and passenger traffic for DOD.
- The CRAF program was established by a joint agreement between the DOD and the Department of Commerce on December 15, 1951. The program was generated by DOD’s realization, following the Berlin airlift, of the need for supplemental airlift to support a major national defense emergency.
- The Secretary of Commerce, under Executive Order 10999, had the responsibility for developing plans for a national emergency preparedness program, of which CRAF is a part.
- The transportation portion of the emergency preparedness program, which included CRAF, was transferred to DOT upon the establishment of the Department in 1967.
- The Defense Production Act of 1950 is the authority under which the CRAF program is activated.
Allocations by Month
Memo - Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) allocation
Enclosure 1 - Total allocations by CRAF segment
Enclosure 2- CRAF allocations by carrier and tail number
Civil Reserve Air Fleet Program Allocations*
|January 2013||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|October 2012||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|April 2012||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|January 2012||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|October 2011||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|July 2011||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|April 2011||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|January 2011||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|October 2010||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|July 2010||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|April 2010||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
|January 2010||CRAF Allocation||Enclosure 1||Enclosure 2|
* For more information, or if you require an accessible version of any of these documents, please contact Tom Sachs.