We want to see what you can do!
Do you have what it takes to create innovative tools to address our nation’s transportation challenges or revolutionize the way Americans see and understand the transportation system they use every day? Your challenge is to create a tool to address systemic challenges by accessing publicly-available federal and/or local DOT datasets.
What Are We Looking For?
By April 30, 2014, we want your:
- Web-based tools
- Data visualizations
- Mobile apps
- Innovative uses of technology that access publicly available datasets
What Are The Categories?
- Safety: address safety concerns and challenges
- Transportation Access: show how transportation connects people to jobs, school, housing, and community resources
- Traffic Management and Congestion: understand and reduce traffic and congestion
How Can You Win?
A panel selected by DOT will judge the competition based on:
- Technical and operational feasibility
- Could we make it happen
- What risks or challenges would we have?
- How could we overcome those?
- Potential for widespread adoption
- Would your data innovation go viral?
- What would it take to get a lot of people using it?
- Does your tool present a novel idea or approach?
- Social benefit
- How would this idea benefit transportation users or society at large?
- Would it improve safety, mobility, reliability, accessibility and/or the environment?
What's The Prize?
- The winner or winners will be invited to US DOT headquarters to take part in a special ceremony with Secretary Foxx and other senior officials.