NHTSA to host DataMod public listening session
Registration to speak on crash database upgrade project closes today
The National Automotive Sampling System (NASS) is composed of two data systems using cases selected from a sample of police crash reports.
NHTSA is currently undertaking a modernization effort to upgrade the NASS by:
- Improving the information technology (IT) infrastructure;
- Updating and prioritizing the data collected;
- Reselecting the sample sites and sample sizes;
- Re-examining the electronic formats in which the crash data files are made available to the public; and
- Improving data collection methods and quality control procedures.
NHTSA has reached the next phase of the design and will hold a public listening session July 18 to solicit information and comments on its Data Modernization project. Pre-registration is required for in-person and webinar participation. Register here by July 11.
For questions email Delia Lopez or call at 202-366-5365.