- Disability Resource Center
- Reasonable Accommodations
- Employment Opportunities
- Section 508
- Consumer Outreach and Education
- About DRC
Foreword: How to Use This Handbook
This Handbook describes the services provided by the DOT Disability Resource Center. The Handbook is designed to be easily navigated on the web, with searchable terms and clickable links to sections and references.
The chapters are meant to stand each on its own, to make it easier for users to search and find relevant information. As such, similar information appears across multiple sections so users can avoid having to peruse the document to answer a specific question.
This document is intended to be dynamic in nature and is subject to change as individual services or processes are updated. It is, therefore, a good idea to check the latest version of the document on the web for information, even if you have previously printed a copy for personal use. A revision date will always appear just after the title at the beginning of the document.
Questions, comments, or feedback concerning this document and the information herein can be directed to the Disability Resource Center via e-mail.
A special note about terminology: Where possible, this handbook uses language conventions and terminology that is widely accepted as positive and culturally appropriate within the disability community. (Capitalizing the letter “d” in Deaf is an example of these conventions.) We have made every effort to use positive, appropriate terms.
Handbook Chapter Index
- Table of Contents
- Foreword: How to Use This Handbook
- Chapter 1: Mission
- Chapter 2: History of the DRC
- Chapter 3; Concept of Operations
- Chapter 4: Reasonable Accommodations
- Chapter 5: Program Access
- Chapter 6: Recruitment and Retention
- Chapter 7: Technical Assistance
- Chapter 8: Education and Outreach
- Chapter 9: Section 508
- Chapter 10: Scooter Loan Program
- Chapter 11: Services Outside the Scope of the DRC
- Appendix A: Staff Positions and Responsibilities
- Appendix B: Forms
- Appendix C: Helpful Resources on the Reasonable Accommodations Process