Multi-Agency Veterans Hiring Event
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) has more than 55,000 employees and oversees air, maritime, and surface transportation. The top priorities at DOT are to keep the traveling public safe and secure, increase their mobility, and have the transportation system contribute to the nation’s economic growth. DOT continues to honor its commitment to ensure that America maintains the safest, most efficient transportation system in the world!
Come Join Us! We will be hosting a special Multi-Agency Veterans Hiring Event exclusively for “military veterans (including woman and disabled veterans).” Federal Partners – Our federal partners from the U.S. Departments of Transportation (including FAA), Treasury, and Energy will be on-site to meet veteran job seekers and showcase their job vacancies.
The following two Special Hiring Flexibilities will be used for this event:
For more information, visit the OPM Vet Guide at: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx
- Meet Hiring Managers, Subject Matter Experts, HR Directors, HR Specialists, Agency Recruiters
- Chat with representatives from the DOT Disability Resources Center (DRC)
- June 22, 2015 - Virtual Webinar, “How to Work a Job Fair”
- Time: 12:30 – 2:00pm
- To join the webinar, visit: https://usdoe2.webex.com/usdoe2/onstage/g.php?MTID=e861a7fc70b1cb38a0fa60b597f64babc, click: "Join Now" To join the audio (conference), dial: 1-650-479-3207 (US TOLL FREE); Access code: 997 501 671
- June 22, 2015 – Virtual Webinar, “Tips for Interpreting a Military Resume”
- July 15, 2015 - Workshop, “On-boarding for Military Veterans and the Military Buyback Program”
- July 15, 2015 - Webinar, “Montgomery GI Bill Education Benefits”
- July 15, 2015 - Webinar, “e-Benefits (Resume Database & Military Translator)
For more information on this hiring event:
To access the pdf version click here
Veteran Employment Initiative
President Obama's Order 13518 on the Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government established the Veterans Employment Initiative to increase the number of veterans employed by the Federal Government through "proactive" recruitment initiatives, programs, strategies, partnerships, and skills development and training.
DOT Creates Portal for Veterans Seeking to Transition to Transportation Jobs
Many veterans already have the skills that would allow them to transition to this industry. The new site, and partnership between DOT and Veterans Affairs (VA), guides veterans to jobs in five categories: aviation pilot, aviation maintenance technician, air traffic controller, commercial motor vehicle driver, and emergency medical services.