- Why Consider DOT?
- Application Process
- Tips and Resources
- Salary Information
- Career Fairs
- Students Opportunities
- Veteran Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- People with Disabilities
- Conditions of Employment
Student Transportation Internship Program Diverse Groups (STIPDG)
NOTICE: The STIPDG application period is now CLOSED for the 2012 Summer Session. To apply for next year’s program, please visit this page in early-Fall for a new STIPDG announcement for Summer/2013.
The STIPDG Program will provide an opportunity for interns to participate in an exciting 10-week program. This includes transportation research, work-related experience, and field trips to introduce them to the many aspects of the complex field of transportation.
- Students must be at least 16 years old.
- Students must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Students (undergraduate/graduate) must possess a GPA average of 3.0 or the equivalent.
- Students must provide, at a minimum, a reference from a professor or advisor.
- Students must write an essay on their transportation interest(s) and other interests outside of their accredited institution of higher learning.
- Students must submit a completed application package by the closing date of the STIPDG announcement for further consideration.
- Former STIPDG interns may apply.